Wednesday, June 16, 2004

A Brand New Beginning

What's changed?

The food, buildings, professors, classrooms, classmates, groups, rooms, dorms (though not mine, yet), my computer and a hundred other things in ways minor and trivial.

But some things have changed perceptibly, observably, consciously and clearly. Among them:

1) I no longer have vague notions of heroics and minor delusions of grandeur or illusions about myself - I know now exactly where I stand; and not in academics alone. My feet are Fevistuck to the mezzanine. Let's hope it doesn't go crashing down.

2) Following from the above:
My attitude towards people; let's call it a shift from naive optimism to a stance of optimism tempered by selfish demand.
More effective I think for everyone.

And what hasn't changed?

The good dream. If anything, my conviction on matters such as friendship have only been strengthened.

That's not change; that's progress.

Post-script: The Gods have smiled upon me. Finally. Sundays through Wednesdays completely free for the next two months.
So here I come, all ye near and dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home