Tuesday, February 22, 2005

On Death

In the last class of the course on leadership, the professor made us think of epitaphs for ourselves - what the world would say of us if we were to pass away today. All I could think of was...

Here lies Total,
Died in a hotel.


Pretty bleak.

So I tried coming up with a few alternatives.

1)
Here lies Total,
Lived in a hotel.


Subtle difference. Not quite there though.

2)
Here lies Cue,
Choked on his stew.

As you can see, my attempt at changing the name didn't have the desired effect either.

3)
Here lies Cue,
Never had a clue
On what to do
Hope he has an adventure
Off in the wild yonder blue.


This might have been fitting near the end of my college days.

4)
Here lies Gautam,
Who fit in with the crowd
Once.
Remembered how he'd fooled them
Hence died, laughing out too loud.

This would go well for the cynical Gautam of years ago, I suppose.

5)
Tried eating stroganoff

(Mushrooms! Blast 'em!)
Something few
Live to tell

The tale of.

Here lies Total
On top of Cue
On top of Gautam.

Fitting considering my aversion to mushrooms and vice versa.

I really like this exercise.
Now, to throw myself to the lions.
Comments? Epitaphs??

9 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool meme! Posted my epitaphs on my blog.

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fascinating...
When she asked us to write what we think will be written on our tombstones, i wrote:
"He was a nice guy."
and when she asked what we would like to be written, i wrote:
"He was first in my life."
And surprisingly after sitting through 30 or more sessions of discussions on the meaning of leadership and reality .. the course suddenly made sense. Those two minutes made it all worthwhile..i guess

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I lie
And that is the Truth.

- Nev

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger cue. said...

Hallo and Welcome Anonymous.

The exercise was certainly a nice cap to the course. I wish she'd made some of us read out our stuff in claas though - would have been awesome fun.

Hallo Nev.

Is this s'posed to be an epitaph for you or me? Something so cheeky certaionly sounds more like you than me.

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth is bitter
Lieth here a cuetter.

This is in case you give up smoking. But DONT! When govts are censoring public smoking left right and centre, it is left to us 2 intellectuals to take the top path and look down upon junta. Or... are you already one among 'em Yet Another Mortals?

Ranga

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger cue. said...

Rangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

idiyet, were you doped out when you wrote this comment? Why in the hell are Y,A & M in caps da? If we're gonna look down, then we need to choose some better acronym for the ones to look down upon than YAM, I say.

it is the vary good to see you here da.

will write in person abt cigarettes and me later :)

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger InAustin said...

I'm dead,
The rest
Is best
Left unsaid.

- Lingo

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Nikhil said...

Is this TOTAL here??I mean the same one we met in IIMA? you sure do have quite a few fans here..(me esp.) loved the JAM and the quiz during CHAOS....

So where is total heading ?? wud like to hear from you...

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Knox Karter said...

Great information you have shared with us. I just want to leave a little comment to support you. Your post is great. Thanks for sharing this post.

pets logo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home